Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Just a little sewing...and a mess

Whenever Elliot is out of town for the weekend, I make a ton of coffee and take over the whole house with projects...and don't clean up til the very last minute. I love it!


While he was visiting his sister in Basel, I decided to tackle a few projects that have been on my list: pillow covers. Plus, with all the cycling we do here, we both go through jeans like they're going out of style (but they never do; side note: the Dutch are well-known for their jean designers and I had no idea until I got here). I don't like throwing away clothes (because you never know if they'll make a nice sewing project!), so I had a few pairs of un-wearable jeans laying around and thought they'd made nice pillow covers.

I cut them all up and added some other fabric--and voila! Two new pillow covers.









And a mess.

That I cleaned up Sunday, exactly 12 minutes before Elliot walked in the door.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you are becoming very Dutch...in a fun way. -dad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...