Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A skirt with a Liberty surprise...

Even though I was supposed to be working on the uber down-low sewing project (that is oh-so-close to being done) I needed to take my mind off of it for a few hours. I had a little scrap of this beautiful burnt orange cotton crepe fabric and decided to make a skirt with it. When I was in London over New Years, I picked up some incredibly colorful and silky Liberty cotton fabric on sale (the only way commoners can afford it), and have been ever since saving it for, well, something. Since I hadn't anything in mind for the colorful cloth, I chose to line the skirt with it and make pockets as well.

My pattern was a favorite skirt in my closet (called the Anna skirt from Anthro) and I tried to replicate it as close as possible, with the half-elastic waistband, pockets, and lining. The whole project took about five hours and came out quite well, I have to say.

I had the most trouble learning how to sew the gathered waistband. Definitely a mission. Pockets are getting easier, but there's still so much to learn!

[up next: the Parents come to Rotterdam for a visit!]


  1. Hi! I came across your blog and thought it was funny because we went to MCP at the same time! Small world!

    I just started sewing and I love it! Sometimes I feel like I have so many projects that I want to do and there isn't enough time in the day. Your skirt turned out beautiful.

  2. Hi Erin - Thanks for reading! I love your sew retro blog as well! Love the vintage patterns....♥


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...