Monday, June 20, 2011

A pledge...

It's come to my attention that although I've been doing a good job of documenting the "playing in Europe" portion of my blog's subtitle, I haven't necessarily attended to the "living in Holland" part as much I like. Living in Holland is, obviously, a large part of my life and the occasional jaunt to a neighboring country is the, well, occasional part of my life.

So here goes. Hither to forth is my pledge to write more about life in Holland.

For the past 78 days it's been raining nonstop here in the Low Lands. Ok, fine, only 6 days (and it won't let up anytime soon) but it sure feels like 78. Today was actually sunny when I awoke and then turned overcast by the time Elliot made me coffee. Because it's so awful and cold and rainy and windy, there's really nothing else to do but stay inside and sew and blog and read and cook. [By the way, Hunger Games is one of the most exhilarating books I've read this year...could. not. put. it. down.] And I'd love to share my current sewing project, but it's on the uber down-low and I'll be able to reveal it in about a month. Since I can't do that, I thought I'd give you a detailed run-down of my Sunday, in a photo diary.



So was that too boring? Well, dinner was fantastic I'll tell you that. The weather really made me want something warm and hearty. My thought exactly -- chili was definitely the answer. I found a great recipe from Jamie, added a bit more heat and a few more veggies, et voilĂ ! I topped it with some creme fraiche, diced tomatoes, and fresh coriander. Yum. Totally hit the spot.

6 comments:

  1. Photo journel is awesome! What a clever idea. However, I'm worried about two things: 1. You appear to be letting the booze flow at 4:45, and 2. You appear to be ironing napkins. (Ok, I'm actually jealous of 1.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok fine, it was actually 5:01pm! And it was only ONE glass! ...and yes, napkins look WAY better when they're ironed. It takes 5 min. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! The total opposite of boring, I would say. You are cultivating a rich, artistic, pleasurable little life there, Mere.
    Wish I could have been there at 5:01pm.

    Miss you to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha!!!! great representation of a day in the life in holland! good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! No wonder Europe has such a great culture, its best to be inside creating things !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What does one do with a hair dryer for 35 minutes?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...